The project objectives are to:
– train librarians/archivists in small organizations and VET (Vocational education and training) teachers in setting up low-cost digitizing services;
– train librarians from big libraries/archives etc. how to support small organizations to establish low-cost digitizing services;
– train the target group to use open educational resources and open-source code software in digitizing, data processing etc.;
– provide online VET resources (LMS, digital movies), manual, open-source code tools suitable for low-cost digitizing, that could be used in formal/nonformal education;
– provide a model for digitization decentralization.
For the MobiDig project there are seven training modules developed and translated in all partner languages.
- Main steps in digitizing written heritage;
- The selection of books and documents: evaluation, priorities and motivation;
- Hardware analysis, evaluation and recommendation for digitization;
- Digitization software;
- Developing low-cost digitizing installations in small libraries, archives, community centres;
- Approaches in training managers of libraries/archives and library/archive staff how to implement digitization in their organization;
- Digitization and copyright;
For each of the seven modules there is a short digital training movie for illustration. The movies are integrated in the respective modules of the LMS. The idea is to use the full potential of ICT and modern media and provide the target group with as much visual and practical learning materials as possible.
The Learning management system (LMS) with the seven training modules integrated in it is a major resource for self-study or guided training. Everybody is able to quickly access them at any time and choose their own learning paths depending on their needs. It can be used for guided training too. Bigger libraries can use them to train smaller ones, VET schools and other organizations can add them as an integrated part of a wider “cultural heritage preservation” subject, or as an extra-curricular one. The System is integrated in all partner languages including English.
The manual “Mobile digitizing and new tendencies in digitizing written heritage by small libraries, archives and alike” offers the adapted training modules and additional materials in the printed book format.
If there are any questions, please, do not hesitate to get in touch with us.